Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Lunch Room Tables

Lunch Room Tables-


It has not been so long ago since the days of sitting at the right lunch room table had weight. I think back to my days in high school the days where I really cared about social groups (well not really but maybe I was a little bit more aware then I am now) I recently was eating alone (which I frequently do) and I noticed even though I work in a college it still matters who people have lunch with and the same divisions of high school” nerds”, “popular”," jocks” etc. I feel that this happens because people feel the need to be around other people and feel they can not be alone they need to be always “in the know”. (what a pile of dog poo) I watch to my horror that professionals as well besides students divide themselves in to those same clicks that exist in high school and then I think of myself that I would be labeled as which would be the looser who eats a lone and reads the news paper. The truth is I love eating alone, taking time for myself during lunch. So lunch hour for me has become a time to be alone in my own thoughts instead of time to socializing is for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment