Thursday, January 7, 2010

traveling alone...

Many times over the years I have had people that have loved to travel with me and see the world and off-course share a pint a local pub. But sometimes I have to go at it alone, and as much as I am good at the traveling alone thing I am a very social person and it can get lonely. I usual feel the most alone when I have to travel for business then when I am traveling alone for vacation, I don't know why that is. As much as it can be very lonely it can be very freeing like when you have that cool breeze on your face and you close your eyes slightly. The more you travel alone the better you get at it and off-course the more interesting people you meet along the way, below is a true story that has happened to me on one trip alone.
I was traveling to Europe about 5 years ago and I had a stop in London(one of my favorite cities) for a few days before going on to another location. I get to my hotel check in and go to a pub for lunch. I sit at the bar and a young man sits next to me. We start chatting, he happends to be a very cool guy and I end up talking to him for a really long time. We exchange emails and say our goodbyes. We always kept in touch via email but never saw each other until recently when he had to come to Miami for business. He emailed me and asked to get together and I said sure and I brought a good friend with me and they really hit it off. From this meeting they started dating and this week I received a wedding invitation. I have many stories like this of amazing people I have met traveling alone or with another person over the years so I hope from this I encourage you to make that plane reservation and get out of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment